Article I Name
The name of this organization is Mangum Manor Civic Club.
Article II Purpose
The purpose of the organization shall be to promote the public interest of residents in the area defined hereafter. Related purposes include:
1. To protect deed restrictions in the area.
2. To encourage improvements in the appearance of public and private properties in the area.
3. To promote wholesome, social, cultural and recreational activities in the area.
4. To take concerted actions in matters pertaining to the welfare of area residents.
5. To facilitate two-way communication between residents and governmental agencies.
Article III Area
The area of this club shall be comprised of all the lots, streets, parks, easements, and parkways within the area known as Mangum Manor, Sections I, II, and III, in the city of Houston, Harris County, Texas as shown on the recorded addition plots in the Harris County Map Records.
Article IV Membership
The membership of this organization shall be residents of Mangum Manor who are at least 18 years of age and who have paid the annual membership dues as set by the Board of Directors.
Article V Actions
All actions taken in the name of the Mangum Manor Civic Club must be authorized by the Board of Directors or by vote of the membership.
Article VI Officers and Board of Directors
The annually elected officers of this club shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer who are members in Good standing of the club.
The Board of Directors shall consist of all elected officers plus two elected representatives from each section and chairpersons of standing committees who are members in good standing.
Article VII Amendments
This constitution may be amended at any regular meeting of the association by a two thirds (2/3) majority of the members present, provided that notice of the proposed amendments was presented at the previous regularly scheduled meeting and was distributed in writing to all households thirty (30) days prior to the meeting at which the vote is to be held.
Article VIII Meetings
There shall be at least seven (7) meetings per year; time, date, and place to be set by the Board of Directors.
A quorum shall consist of five (5) members of the Board of Directors when the Board is to act and twenty (20) members in good standing at the meetings when the members are to act. A majority vote shall be the act of such Board or the Club,
Special meetings may be called by the following persons and in the following manner:
1. The President may, in case of an emergency to be determined by him/her, call a meeting of the full membership of the club.
2. It shall be the duty of the President to call a meeting of the full membership of the club whenever requested to do so in writing by five (5) members of the Board of Directors stating the purpose of the meeting.
3. It shall be the duty of the President to call a meeting of the full membership of the club upon written request of thirty (30) members who are in good standing which request shall state the purpose of the meeting.
4. No other business shall be transacted except that which is stated in the call for a special meeting.
5. Board Meetings are by call of the President, at least every other month or by written request of five (5) members of the Board of Directors.
Article IX Elections
All officers of the club shall be elected and installed at the regular May meeting and shall take office the following June 1 and hold office for one (1) year.
Vacancies in office shall be filled by the Board of Directors.
The President shall appoint the nominating committee which shall consist of five (5) to seven (7) members of which no more than two (2) are members of the Board of Directors. The nominating committee shall meet before the regular April meeting in order to present a slate of candidates at that time.
Article X Parliamentary Authority
Robert's Rules of Order shall govern this organization in all proceedings except where inconsistent with the provisions of the By-Laws of this organization.